Design Completion | 2008
Service | Historic Renovation
The Church of the Holy Cross was built in 1850 of pise de terre or rammed earth construction. The walls are covered on the interior with plaster and on the exterior with pebbledash, a rough coating similar to stucco.
The building was heavily damaged by termites. Cummings & McCrady is involved in all aspects of the restoration and repair. Sections of the wood trusses are being replaced with old heart pine to match existing trusses. We also assisted in writing the successful grant to The National Park Service.